About the team:
ââThe Quality Controls and Assurance Team is responsible for carrying out quality control testing and call monitoring across UK and OSBI Savings, Mortgage, Originations and Collections teams. They provide feedback, make suggestions for improvements and in some cases implement improvements.
At OneSavings Bank, we're proud to be an award-winning bank, with great customer satisfaction scores.
We began trading as a bank in 2011 and were admitted to the main market of the London Stock Exchange in 2014, joining the FTSE 250 in June 2015. So we've had a really strong start and that's because we have great people, great products and a deep understanding of our markets.
In the simplest terms, we're a specialist lender which is supported by our stable retail savings franchise, who has over 150 years of heritage behind them (Kent Reliance).
OneSavings Bank Plc acquired Charter Court Financial Services Group Plc (CCFS) and its subsidiary businesses on 4 October 2019. They have three complementary brands: Charter Savings Bank; Precise Mortgages; Exact Mortgage Experts.
What you will be doing:
The key purpose of this role is to manage the Operational Quality Control and Assurance teams based in Chatham and India, ensuring effective delivery on the 1st line of defence oversight and governance model. In addition to working closely with business areas to implement an effective control model to identify, manage and reduce risk with effective control testing and regular reporting to senior management on testing outcomes, customer journeys and proposed recommendations through reviews.
Your responsibilities will includeâ¦
* Managing and embedding the development of the Level 1 control testing, ensuring each area has a Risk Assessment Matrix capturing the department processes, risks, controls and testing approach
* Managing and embedding the development of the Level 2 control testing, ensuring full oversight and governance across area of responsibility
* Preparing regular Director status reports on achievements, testing outcomes, emerging risks, issues, trends and corrective action plans
* Being responsible for the Quality Assurance and Control operating standards and procedures
* Chairing the Quality Working Party to govern the QA standards across the business and drive continuous improvements
* Working with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group to report on findings and areas of opportunity identified through risk management assessments, call collaborations, customer reviews and control testing.
In return for your commitment:
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between Â£45-52,000 (Grade 5) and a competitive benefits package including:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday purchase scheme
* An annual discretionary bonus opportunity of up to 15%
* Pension contribution- 8% OSB 5% employee
* Westfield Healthcare scheme - Level 2 cover
* Season ticket loans / cycle purchase scheme
* Perkbox discounts (cheap cinema tickets, family day outs and savings in high-street shops)
* Save as you earn scheme
A full list of our benefits package is available on our website: www.osb.co.uk/careers/benefits
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
* Experience in operational & functional management of a department within financial services
* Strong experience in operational risk, quality and risk control self-assessment management
* Previous experience in managing and developing staff
* Robust knowledge of Visio and process mapping, with excellent understanding of Savings servicing management
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves. We are so committed to this we've made it one of four core values "Create Your Future".
The other key values are: Stronger Together, Aim High and Take Ownership. We are looking for individuals that feel that these resonate with them.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV! For internal applications, please visit the internal careers page to apply. Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on .
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.