My client based on the outskirts of West Malling are seeking an experienced Supplier Relationship Specialist to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
You will work closely with your own supplier base predominantly to ensure that the company offer the best quality products and service to its customers at the best possible price. In addition you will work on sourcing new products and reviewing existing product lines to ensure competitive advantage.
* Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver improved performance in cost, service and delivery
* Deliver reports on agreed performance target and provide analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and supplier performance
* Work with head of function to negotiate terms of contract and manage tender activity, managing contracts and commercial activity
* Maintain relationships with existing suppliers whilst sourcing new suppliers for new products
* Analysing buying patterns and work with other departments t determine future trends to ensure right product, right supplier approach
* Understand the key factors that determine the cost of a product
* Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation and policies
* Identification, assessment and management of potential risk associated with sourcing activities
* Work with sales and marketing functions in promotional activities
* Update internal product information system
* Assist with catalogue production
* Such other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post that may be assigned by the line manager or their nominee
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working in a sourcing/procurement environment and have an understanding of contract and supplier management.
If you would like to apply for this role then please send me your CV today.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.