The Partnership of parent led Charities - Includes Us 2, For Us Too and Space 2 Be Me have successfully obtained funding from the National Lottery Community Fund.
As a result of this exciting opportunity For Us Too (Thanet, Canterbury and Swale) and Space 2 Be Me (Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells) are recruiting for the following positions to start in September 2020.
Family Support Officers- Kent
Part time: Various flexible hours available
Salary range: £ 17500- £18,500 pro rata (based on 37 hours per week) depending on experience.
Locations- Office based in Margate and Sittingbourne with some home working
Location - Office based Maidstone/ Tunbridge Wells with some home working.
Purpose of job
To provide a Family Support service to children with disabilities, young people and their families, focusing on early intervention and support for parents.
To ensure that parent /carers of children with disabilities are supported and empowered through provision of comprehensive information, advice, emotional & practical support responsive to their holistic needs.
The successful applicant will work with new and existing families to provide ongoing support with specific needs, such as support with diagnoses, behaviour, education and benefits.
You will take a lead with the team of Family Support Officers across the partnership on one of the support areas and provide training and workshops for staff /volunteers and families, drop-in coffee mornings, days out and other projects and events.
If you would like to be part of this exciting opportunity and have the following skills, we would like to hear from you
• 5 GCSEs, NVQs Level 3 or equivalent in either positive behavior support, Education and Health Care planning or Disability such as ASD/ADHD / Sensory loss (or a willingness to work towards a qualification).
• Working effectively with disabled children and young people and their families.
• Working knowledge of statutory health, education and social care pathways
• Experience of managing challenging situations
• Knowledge of issues concerning SEND and how this affects young people and their families.
• A working knowledge of one or more of the following – EHCPs and education for SEND, welfare and benefits system, diagnosis and behaviour management.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
All positions require
• Enhanced DBS disclosure
• Ability to regularly travel around East Kent
If you would like further information and to receive the full Job Description and Person Specification and an application pack (NB No CVs will be accepted):
Please apply online: