We are excited during these difficult times to be able to recruit for this FULL TIME - PERMANENT position. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a permanent role during a time of employment uncertainty.
Machine Operator / Team Leader who will be responsible for Production Operatives and Senior Production Operatives and ensuring the production lines and general operation system runs correctly and within the KPIs.
- Experience working within a food manufacturing or fully understand the Health and Safety around Food Manufacturing / production
- COUNTERBALANCE FORKLIFT LICENCE
The applicant will ideally have experience / skills in the following:
- Good communication skills using verbal and some written.
- Deliver and motivate others to deliver strategic goals within the Factory setting.
- Clearly understand and convey the requirements from the end customer.
- Manage efficient use of temporary labour as well as permanently employed Production Operatives.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders to achieve the same goals.
- Good knowledge of machinery, operations and line equipment.
- Improve on employee awareness of health and safety and best practice.
- Training for employees and temporary workers.
- Previous working knowledge of operating any of the following machinery - Multi-head weigher, Form fill bagging machines, Check weighers, Metal detectors (Preferably within a food production / manufacturing environment)
- Leading a small team
- IT literate
- Elements of the role can be physically demanding
Working hours - Monday - Friday, NIGHTS (9.30pm - 6am)
Based on the outskirts of Ashford, Kent.
Free car parking available on site, public transport available (20 minutes walk to local train station)
The company pays 5% pension therefore the minimum the employee needs to contribute is 3% (employee can pay in more and the company does offer salary sacrifice). Once in the pension scheme employee also receive life assurance.
Holidays start at 21 days plus the public holidays (29 days total per annum). After 5 years’ service employees accrue an extra day a year up to 26 days.
There is a small attendance bonus which is paid in November.
All employee are eligible for free eye tests.
Tea & coffee are free.
This is a fantastic company to work for who take the well being of their Employees very seriously and have implemented a full COVID - 19 risk assessment on site.
*please note you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.