A key role within the leadership team, the International Sales Director will hold overall accountability for the development and execution of the growth strategy, business plan and business performance.
Leading a team of directly employed International Sales Managers with additional matrix line management responsibilities of wholly owned subsidiary sales teams, project sales team and marketing support function.
Full P&L responsibility for the division including delivering aggressive growth targets.
* Develop and execute the International strategic business plan to deliver sales targets, market share growth and customer experience.
* Full P&L ownership of the International business unit.
* Working closely with the Director and Finance Business Partner to create and develop annual budgets and 3-year plans.
* Working closely with the Director in developing the regional portfolio account management strategy and to identify regions for additional international sales growth.
* Direct line management of International Sales Managers and Head of International Services.
* Matrix management of wholly owned subsidiary International Sales Managers, Head of Project Sales, and central Marketing Executives.
* Strategic account management of in-country distribution partners including relationship development and performance/contract management.
* Provide support to sales staff including training, development and clear performance expectations with regular performance feedback and one-to-one reviews.
* Working closely with HR management to ensure duties are delivered including recruitment, training, and all levels of performance management.
* Conduct digital and physical customer visits and meetings to build high-level relationships and ensure the division enjoys multi-level relationships with customers.
* Accountable for coordinating, developing, and delivering international sales and project pipelines.
* Ownership of bids and tenders programme.
* Accountable for ensuring the brand garners positive review and reputation, with a focus on end customer experience and service excellence.
* Be the main point of escalation for all international customers, sales distribution partners and wholly owned consolidator.
* Regularly visit international customers and attend industry exhibitions to develop brand awareness and grow the market share.
* Ownership of the wider International solutions offer, including the development of a rewards points-based loyalty scheme.
* Ownership of supply chain relationship management.
* Liaise with customers and trade distribution partners to identify commercial and business development opportunities and undertake market visits when required to develop market understanding to maximise sales and market share.
* Work closely with Marketing, Procurement and Customer Experience teams to ensure coordinated market communication is shared and that effective marketing and events plans are put in place.
* Liaise closely with procurement colleagues to develop a range of products and services in line with market demand.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.