Our client based in Hythe are looking for an Experienced Quality Inspector for an immediate start!
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm and Friday 8am -1pm
The Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring that components produced are of the best quality and correct to customer specifications. You must be prepared to move around the company‘s three quality areas in order to build up an all round knowledge of QC procedures for this position.
• To ensure that components produced are of the best quality,
• To ensure that components produced are correct to customer specifications
• To verify dimensions
• Check first offs that the setter or operator require second checking
• To carry out goods inwards inspection of material and components received from suppliers
• Inspect components before they are sent out to customer
• Record non-conforming products
• Create plans to improve product quality
• Identify causes for non conformance and then work to improve the product quality and discuss recommended actions at any 8D
• Assist with the calibration of company equipment as required
• Attend daily tier meetings
• Assist with customers/visitors if required
• If required visit customers to assist with sorting non-conforming product
Key Skills required
• The ability to read Engineering Drawings
• The ability to use a range of specialist measuring equipment i.e. – Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gauge, Slip Gauges, X-Ray, Clock
& Stand, Depth Micrometer and RA Tester
• Calibration of equipment and gauges
• A good understanding of maths
QI/QA background in Engineering essential.
They also have free parking onsite.
If you are interested in this role then please apply today!