Our Client is seeking line leaders to work on their busy Agricultural Farm. You will be responsible for overseeing the running of the production line and the production team.
Main Duties and Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Lead motivate and develop the production team, to ensure planned output requirements/quality standards are met
* Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed.
* Review team performance regularly to identify areas for improvement, and encourage and support individual team members
* Work alongside the Head of Production to ensure that targets e.g. for line efficiency's, quality and wastage are met.
* Ensure all site Quality, Housekeeping & Hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
* Ensure regular communication/briefing to provide the production team with the relevant information to carry out their role to the maximum effect.
* Contribute to the planning, organisation, operation and installation of all new processes and equipment within the factory
* Help to maintain a clean and safe work place
* Investigate and report all incidents
* Manufacture and pack products on the production line as necessary
* Suggest and help implement any cost-saving ideas or improvements
* Maintain a high level of quality with a focus on zero defects.
* Report any equipment faults
* Carrying out QA checks and filling in QA records
* Work as part of a team on the production line as required.
* Adherence to all company policies and procedures, at all times
* Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Production Manager
* Utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivated
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to use initiative ad be pro-active
* Results focused
* Open to sharing new ideas and methodology
* Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and drive to continually improve
* Strong degree of flexibility within a multi-targeted environment
* Team player
Skills/Capabilities and Experience Required:
* Warehouse pick & pack operations experience
* Stocktaking experience
* Good IT skills mainly (Excel, Word & Outlook e-mails
* Excellent Computer Literacy
* Previous top fruit experience
Your hours of work Minimum 152 hours per month, 5 shifts in 7 some weekends may be expected for the needs of the business.
For more information call Jane or Helen at our Kent branch
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.