Assistant Buying Manager - Up to £35,000 - Medway
My client is highly established FMCG business who is at the forefront of their industry is seeking an Assistant Buying Manager to join the team, this role does have progression available to become Buying Manager. The primary purpose of this role is to support the strategic management of commodity purchases, through effective planning, supplier management and negotiation.
* Provide timely and accurate information / data to support the development of the procurement strategy.
* Negotiate prices for the supply of goods and services, ensuring best value for money.
* Manage and develop supplier relationships and ongoing negotiations.
* Track / assess customer profitability.
* Monitor stock levels, order progressions and usage to ensure material is available when required.
* Provide analytic analysis, including cashflow, currency exposure etc.
* Assess the risks and benefits of terms and conditions, advising the Business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* A degree in a relevant subject
* Purchasing / Buying experience
* Highly analytical with the ability to interpret complex data
* Advanced Excel skills
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.