Direction Law is a firm proudly built on relationships. With a staff of over 150, and with 40 years of experience, we are a niche firm offering a range of conveyancing and other legal services to Private Individuals, Housing Providers and Business clients.
An exciting opportunities has arisen in our Staircasing department in our Canterbury office for a Fee Earner, working Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm. As Fee Earner, you will ensure the team consistently delivers a high standard of work to meet the needs of our client and work providers within agreed timescales. You will provide procedural and legal guidance to case officers and administration assistants.
• Dealing directly with clients, developers and their solicitors, estate agencies, mortgage companies and brokers on the telephone and by email;
• Reporting to clients on important documentation;
• Dealing with legal enquiries from clients and other associated third parties;
• Ensuring all necessary requirements/legal obligations are met throughout the transaction;
• Ensuring Firm policy and procedure is adhered to during the transaction;
• Attending occasional marketing open days and events if required.
• Qualified solicitor/licensed conveyancer/FILEX;
• Experience of running conveyancing cases essential, as well as leasehold experience;
• Ability to prioritise work, work to tight deadlines and keep calm under pressure;
• Ability to run high caseloads;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with confidence to speak to people on the phone;
• Excellent client care skills.
We are able to offer a competitive salary to the right candidate and the opportunity to develop a career within the legal environment. We are a hard working team with a ‘can do’ approach to providing outstanding service, so we welcome applications for likeminded people.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and covering email to [email protected]
To apply for the role you must be eligible to work in the UK.