Working with a small team of specialists, you will package, transport and receipt waste packages from multiple UK sites. You will receive continuous training and support to perform the role.
ACB is a waste company based in Aylesford, Kent. This role is primarily located at our facility, although overnight stays in the UK will be required on an ad hoc basis.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
• From £25,000 per annum depending upon experience and qualifications
• Full time, 40 hours per week. Typically, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
• Health insurance (after qualifying period)
• 30 days holiday including bank and public holidays
• NEST Pension contributions (if eligible)
• Full, clean UK licence
• Legal entitlement to work full time in UK
• Over 25 years old. This is an insurance requirement only
Ideal qualifications include:
• ADR Class 2-9
• Health physics experience
• Waste management experience (WAMITAB)
• Forklift truck licence
• UK-wide waste collections under ADR. This will include overnight stays.
• Ensuring loads are labelled and described in accordance with ADR and paperwork is completed correctly in line with current legislation.
• Inspecting and accepting incoming loads in accordance with the site’s waste management licence.
• Consolidating incoming loads, ensuring complete traceability is kept of material onsite.
• Completing non-conformance reports and incoming acceptance analysis.
• Maintaining good house-keeping standards in the facility and ensuring equipment is calibrated where appropriate and in good working order.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Ensuring good working practice and adherence to the Company’s health and safety policy.
• Ensuring safe and compliant handling and disposal of non and hazardous wastes.
• Ability to spend multiple nights away
• Non- smoker – ACB is a non-smoking organisation (including e-cigarettes)
• A hands-on approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Exceptional attention to detail
• A desire and willingness to support work colleagues
• An innovative approach to developing new procedures, work packages
• An energetic and highly motivated character
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A good communicator and excellent customer service skills
• A good sense of humour
• Comfortable working outside on occasion and in different environments
• Undertake Waste Management duties within the Postholder’s level of demonstrated competence including: processing, packaging, transportation and collection of waste material
• Provision of technical support and expertise to our client base.
• Undertake Health Physics monitoring duties, monitoring items and equipment, as required within the Post Holder’s own level of demonstrated competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the Company’s Equality and Diversity Policy
• Contribute to effective team working and team building, working closely with the Quality Team, supporting the communication and understanding of waste management objectives
• The post holder may be required to carry out additional identified roles as necessary (e.g. fire warden, first aid, abrasive wheels).
• As a customer-focused individual, you will be expected to support delivery within the Post Holder’s range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Segregate non-radiological waste ensuring the subsequent disposal is in accordance with the Waste Hierarchy.
Email your CV to [email protected]
If your CV is of interest, you will hear from us within three working days and be asked to attend an interview; otherwise, thank you for your application. At the interview, we will confirm the Essential Requirements above. You may also be required to complete a short skills test.
ACB does not respond to agencies.