We are delighted to be working with our client to recruit a talented Deputy Editor to work across a number of its business-to-business titles and websites serving the built environment sector. You will be based at the Dartford office and have a minimum of two years' experience in publishing/journalism. This would ideally suit someone looking for their next step up the editorial ladder.
You will ensure regular monthly production of high-quality print titles that meet readers' needs and compete successfully in their market, as well as to maintain and build their online presence.
* Produce compelling, interesting and engaging content across the different brands
* Monitor industry news and produce feature ideas on a regular basis
* Plan and write articles in line with the different brands
* Edit copy and proof-read to a high standard
* Develop and maintain the magazines' online channels (website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) and weekly newsletter
* Develop and build a network of contacts favourable to the magazines
* Help to deliver the titles' associated events such as awards, exhibitions and conferences
* Ensure the magazines are well represented at key industry events and maintain the positive view of the publication in the marketplace
* International travel for industry events and client entertainment may be required.
Own transport would be beneficial due to location
* Can demonstrate strong feature and news writing, interviewing, subbing and page layout using InDesign
* Be agile in writing about multiple topics and stories, where audience determines
* Excellent editing skills
* Is highly organised and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
* Top notch communication skills; able to build working relationships internally and externally
* A solid working knowledge of InDesign would be ideal
* Have a good knowledge of social media