The role is to work alongside the current Laboratory Assistant, helping enable the smooth running of the laboratories.
• Collecting raw materials and laboratory consumables
• Organising waste disposal of ink, solvents, pots and recyclable materials
• Distributing lab coats, post and parcels
• Drive various fork lift trucks in order to collect raw materials and ink samples
• Regularly check the lab raw material store to ensure raw materials are within shelf life, clean and correctly labelled
• Use of the AS400 system to order and update stock levels
• Ability to work with minimum supervision with due regard to their health and safety and that of others
• Previous experience of working in a laboratory or scientific environment where chemicals are handled would be a distinct advantage
• Experience in fork lift truck experience desirable
• An enthusiastic and practical individual with good attention to detail
• Good communication skills and be able to operate on own initiative
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive basic salary
• Excellent holiday entitlement and benefits
• Working hours: 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
• The opportunity to work for an extremely reputable market leading organisation.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.