Experienced Quantity Surveyor required by market leading provider of steel fabrications and architectural metalwork. Based in Sittingbourne and covering contracts throughout London and the South East.
As a result of ongoing expansion we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and confident individual to join our commercial team.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Control of all day to day commercial and contractual aspects of design and build projects.
- Ensure that return on resources employed is maximised.
- Prepare, submit and agree valuations.
- Negotiate project accounts with the client.
- Plan, forecast and report commercial project performance.
- Ensure accurate commercial records are maintained of onsite activities.
- Attend internal and external project meetings, provide solid commercial and cost advice at these meetings.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the project objectives are met.
- Understand the construction process and provide value engineering opportunities.
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with the client, to help future business development.
- Industry experience in the role of Quantity Surveyor.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts, particularly JCT & NEC 3.
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
Negotiable depending upon experience. The position is based in Sittingbourne, Kent and there will be a need for regular visits to London and throughout the South East.