Trainee Quantity Surveyor required by market leading provider of steel fabrications and architectural metalwork. Based in modern offices in Sittingbourne.
As a result of ongoing expansion we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and confident individual to join our commercial team.
Internal training will be provided to progress towards the formal position of Quantity Surveyor and as such no formal experience is required, but you must possess the necessary skill set of attributes, notably:
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Honest, hard working and dependable.
• Excellent IT, numerical and written skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Able to work both within a team and unsupervised.
Upon achieving the formal post of Quantity Surveyor, main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Control of all day to day commercial and contractual aspects of metalwork construction projects.
• Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the project objectives are met.
• Ensure that return on resources employed is maximised.
• Prepare, submit and agree interim applications for payment.
• Identify additional works carried out and ensure additional costs are recovered.
• Assist in minimising the company exposure to financial risk.
• Attend internal and external project meetings and provide solid commercial and contractual advice at these meetings.
• Monitor the profitability of projects throughout their duration.
• Prepare, submit and agree final account applications for payment.
• Maintain and develop professional relationships with the client, to help future business development.
The position is based in Sittingbourne, Kent although there may be a need for regular visits to London and throughout the South East.
The starting salary is negotiable and will be periodically reviewed during the period of progression and development to the formal position of Quantity Surveyor.