Construction Manager required by market leading provider of steel fabrications and architectural metalwork. Based in Sittingbourne and covering contracts throughout London and the South East.
As a result of ongoing expansion we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and confident individual to join our team.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the design, production and installation of large design and build steel work projects.
- Ability to run a number of projects at the same time.
- Fully understand the project requirements, scope of works, specifications etc.
- To develop and maintain proactive, positive and professional relationships with the client’s representatives.
- To work with the management team to continually monitor contract performance against programme and budget and to take all necessary
action to ensure all targets are met.
- Ability to manage a team of site managers, oversee sub-contractors and arrange labour resources.
- Ensure that health & safety and quality assurance standards are met and maintained during all operations under your control.
- Writing and checking method statements and risk assessments.
- Researching, ordering and checking materials.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to read drawings, connection details and specifications.
- At least 5 years experience of running steel work contracts.
- Network Rail and London Underground contract management experience would be very beneficial
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills.
- Positive attitude to problems and dealing with staff of all levels.
- Good knowledge of health & safety legislation.
- Working knowledge of and experience of contract terms and commercial issues.
- Good IT and numeracy skills.
- Full driving licence.