Join an international outdoor business in a rural environment as a Maintenance Specialist Technician
Nikwax is a leading international manufacturer of waterproofing products for clothing, footwear and outdoor equipment and leads the field in outstanding environmental credentials and sustainability. We are looking for a Maintenance Specialist Technician to join our busy Supply team.
Ensure Supply machinery and equipment is available, effective and fit for use, by performing routine maintenance and repairing machinery breakdowns by
• diagnosing machinery problems and solving them utilising electrical, electronic or pneumatic skill sets
• performing routine maintenance on all equipment and machinery as scheduled
• ensuring machinery breakdowns are efficiently and effectively repaired and recorded
• maintaining a clean and safe workshop, advising appropriate people of unsafe working environments’ or unsafe machinery
• understanding and being competent with the operation of all Supply equipment
• reporting on repeating machine breakdowns to Maintenance Manager
• maintaining a healthy stock of consumables for machinery and also equipment for respective areas
• proposing and implementing approved solutions to increase capacity and efficiency of all equipment and machinery
• providing backup to production teams during periods of high demand.
The Person will be
• experienced working in a production environment
• experienced in engineering, electronics and pneumatics
• logical in approach to problems
• able to drive things through to a conclusion
• educated to grade C or above in GCSE or equivalent, in English and Mathematics.
• work within a company where you can clearly see the effect of your efforts
• work for an international company with values that you can believe in
• work within a friendly and informal environment
• competitive benefits and rewards.
You will require your own transport due to our rural location.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your Covering Letter (clearly stating your salary requirements) & CV by no later than 26th January 2020 to:
Unit F, Durgates Industrial Estate
Candidates must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
To view the Nikwax Job Applicant Privacy Notice please visit