Salary circa £25,000 Depending on Experience
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, is a charity-based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
At Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve we are recruiting a Sous Chef to work in the varied restaurants, situated around the unique grounds of the Wild Animal Park. As Sous Chef you will work with the restaurant specific Head Chefs so that relevant cover is provided, guest service remains exceptional, food quality is maintained at the highest level and kitchen teams are continuously trained and developed.
• Assisting the Head Chef in the supervision of the overall kitchen operation including monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
• Ensuring quality control measures and hygiene systems are always achieved.
• Accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen services.
• Purchasing all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers.
• Achieving food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage.
• Working closely with all front of house managers and teams in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Ensuring menus are costed accurately.
• Assuring operational areas are properly prepared for all functions.
• Participating in the identification of training needs of all staff within line of responsibility.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes weekends and bank holidays. A reliable form of transport would be advantageous due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and qualified chef with experience gained in a similar fine dining environment, hold an intermediate (or higher) food hygiene certificate, and have a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
You must understand and have a full working knowledge of all current Health and Safety legislation and Food Hygiene legislation and to be conversant with the rules contained therein. You must also have the proven ability to build effective and constructive relationships and be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
As a Port Lympne and Howletts employee, you will benefit from free entry into both of our parks, free tickets for your family and friends, free onsite parking, as well as discounts on food, accommodation and retail products. Plus, length of service-related benefits which include a company health plan and additional annual leave.
A full detailed JD of the role is available on request.
Closing Date: Friday 31 January 2020
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter.
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.
Visit our website for further information.