Domestic Gas Service/Breakdown Engineers – Ashford/Dover
Domestic Gas Call-Out Engineer - Tonbridge/Maidstone
Swale Heating are one of the biggest and most recognised heating specialists in Kent. We have been operating since 1972 - meeting the heating needs of the South East of England. We are trusted by our customers to keep them safe and warm, every day of the year.
We are currently recruiting for a Domestic Gas Call-Out Engineer to be field based in and around and Tonbridge and Maidstone and Domestic Gas Service/Breakdown Engineers to be field based in and around Ashford and Dover. As a suitable candidate for these roles you must have all the essential gas qualifications, excellent customer service skills and have a clear focus on the quality of your work. You must be credible and comfortable when dealing with our clients and office staff. We are looking for a high calibre engineers who are reliable, responsible, determined and can also be a team player.
Purpose of the Role:
Our Engineer positions are pivotal roles within the company. The Call-Out engineer role covers Swale Heating’s Weekend and Out of Hours repair and maintenance and our Service/Breakdown engineers provide a service during our core operating hours. You will be expected to provide excellent service to our customers by carrying out quality breakdown and maintenance works thoroughly in accordance with the requirements of Gas Safe and the company's quality manual.
As a Swale Heating Gas Engineer, you are expected to meet the targets set for you to achieve this role, these include, but are not limited to Productivity, Customer Satisfaction and Cost per Job. This role is also of a physical nature and may involve lifting heavy equipment or working at height.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits which include:
Company van, fuel card, pension, holiday buy and sell scheme, long-term service award, discount shopping scheme, employee well-being programmes and training and development opportunities.
What essential skills, qualifications and experience do we need from you?
• CCN1, CPA1, CKR1, HTR1, CENWAT (Minimum of six months before expiry)
• Energy Efficiency
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Min of 2 years gas servicing and maintenance experience preferred (Service/Breakdown)
• Minimum of 3 years gas servicing and maintenance experience preferred (Call-Out)
• Customer focused with excellent communications skills.
• Quality orientated and safety compliant.
Nice to haves, but not essential:
• Up-to-date Asbestos Awareness certificate
• Solar Thermal
• Unvented Hot Water
• Air Source Heat pumps
• Ground Source Heat Pumps
• OFTEC, HETAS, LPG
• Auditing – VRQ3, SSSTS
• Repair, servicing, testing, replacing faulty components, diagnostics of heating and boiler faults
• Have a “first time fix” mentality using all available resources to fix any issues
• Contact customers advising of ETA’s and advising of non-attendance
• Provide an excellent service to all customers that you visit
• Potential travel to any other working area when required to cover holiday/ sickness
• Promote the company ethos and values through everything you do, and ensure you uphold our values.
• Full responsibility for gas safety and Health & Safety issues, whilst lone working.
The company operates extensive IT systems and mobile technology. You will be expected to familiarise yourself with the operation of such systems that may be available to you and as used by others, such as tablets and mobile phones.
1. Customer Focus
2. Quality Orientation
4. Safety Awareness
5. Maintaining work standards
6. Continuous Improvement
Hours of work:
Service/Breakdown: Winter: Monday to Friday 8am to 6:30pm (1 day 4.30pm finish)
Summer: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Call Out Engineer: Work Week: Monday to Friday Working hours Midday – 8pm
Standby hours: 8pm-7am
Alternate Weekends: Saturday & Sunday Standby hours Midday Saturday – 8am Monday
Location & Job Details:
Field based in and around Ashford and Dover (Service/Breakdown)
Field based in and around Tonbridge and Maidstone (Call-Out)
If you are interested in the role then please apply. If you would like further information, contact the recruitment team on 01795 513999.
Please note, CV’s are viewed on receipt. Therefore, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
No agencies please
Swale Heating Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from every section of the community.