Our mission at the Port of Dover is ‘Working smarter together, we are building the Port of Choice that sets the standard’. As Senior Structural Engineer you will help us deliver our mission. Join us at this exciting time!
This is a new role within the Engineering team, which offers an ideal opportunity to make it your own. We’d love to hear from you if you are passionate about:
- Undertaking structural design and assessment of Maritime, Highways and Buildings structures.
- Preparing and reviewing designs, contract documents, specifications and drawings for the construction of civil & structural engineering works which are to be carried out by contractors.
- Preparing technical guidance for the wider business to ensure safe ongoing use of the Port’s assets.
- Managing the Port’s structural inspection regime.
In addition, working collaboratively and nurturing relationships with our internal Engineering team and consultant partners you will make recommendations to assist the Business with developing the Port estate.
We’d like you to draw on your experience to strive for improvements in consideration of safety, to inspire innovation and the production of high quality information.
Skills and Qualifications
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers (MICE CEng)
- Thorough background of undertaking structural designs (Highway and/or Maritime structures) to relevant codes, and preparing guidance
- Effective communication of structural concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Salary £40K to £55K Dependant on experience.
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- An engaging variety of work on an array of structural forms and materials
- Support from a team of engineers, surveyors, and project managers who are responsible for the delivery of larger projects - allowing you to focus on the structural engineering.
We strive in providing training and development programmes to your needs and aspirations. Many of the leadership team come from a technical background, which ensures your hard work and skills will be recognised.