An exciting new position has become available for a Team Leader to join a large warehouse based in Medway.
As an outbound Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring the following tasks are carried out as required.
* Conducting daily team briefs, communicating all expectations to the team as required.
* Conduct and maintain health and safety checks and rack inspections throughout your remit area. Ensure that all required inductions, operations and health and safety training are completed in a timely manner.
* Maintaining budgetary control reports and instigates continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall performance of the production cost centre.
* Regular appraisal reports each quarter, initiating relevant team training, providing holiday and sickness cover for the team. Ensuring that a suitable deputy is fully trained to provide cover for your role whilst sick or on holiday.
* To ensure that orders are released from workbench in a timely fashion, identifying opportunities to enhance this process in terms of layout automation and organisation.
* To answer all escalated emails and investigate credits. Managing internal communications including customer service and sales queries.
* Maintain team compliance to all legislative and regulatory requirements relating to storage, handling and distribution of stock. Ensure accesses to controlled areas are adhered including controlled drugs, fridge and hazardous correct PPE worn at all times.
* Ensure all products are packaged accurately in compliant packaging to promote reduced damaged, reduced temperature deviation and correctly labelled with the correct address, mode of transport and any warning labels.
* Making sure all legislation is adhered to when preparing goods for despatch. Ensure customer specific databases are updated and that all orders are invoiced correctly by confirming all picks are dispatched. Maintain safe standards when moving pallets and adhere to correct loading techniques.
* Liaise with other member of the internal teams to ensure all operations daily tasks are covered, clearly communicated and are completed in a timely manner.
* Maintain awareness and understanding of how the department impacts customers, both internal and external and the departments overall impact on the business operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, successful organisation who offer great benefits, a good working culture and the opportunity to progress.
If you have previous experience leading a team within a warehouse & can demonstrate strong leadership skills then please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Nicole Hill, Business Support Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.