Part-Time Maths Teacher
Â£10,800 - Â£12,000 DOE
Our client is passionate about transforming the lives of young people through inspirational teaching, and by providing exceptional access to career opportunities in the creative industries.
They are looking to recruit a Maths Teacher to work two days per week, 9am - 5pm, on a permanent basis for an annual salary of Â£10,800 - Â£12,000 DOE.
As the Maths Teacher, you willâ¦
* Work collaboratively with the Maths Curriculum Manager to create fun, engaging and purposeful lessons and resources.
* Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills.
* Ensure that learners complete the required diagnostic assessment and record the outcomes on the maths tracker.
* Differentiate lessons effectively using the results of the diagnostic assessments.
* Set and record effective SMART targets with the learners every half term.
* Liaise with vocational tutors to maintain an effective line on communication, relating to learners and subject matter.
* Regularly assess learners via in class assessment and marking of completed work. Including Functional skills & GCSE assessment against curriculum and marking scheme in preparation of exams. One piece of marked work per week is required with written feedback.
* Attend weekly English & Maths team meeting, take an active part in discussions and complete duties as required.
* Carry out Entry 3 examinations with learners within the given timescale. Mark and moderate the E3 papers with line manager within 2 weeks of completion.
* Prepare learners for examinations in a timely manner and follow the exam procedure for entering learners for examinations.
* Plan booster lessons/additional sessions during exam period for targeted learners
* Attend training for invigilation of exams, and invigilate as required.
* Experience of the Edexcel 9-1 GCSE curriculum
* Experience of working in the creative industries using an entrepreneurial approach (not essential)
* Extremely organised and able to manage own workload effectively and flexibly
* Outstanding teaching and communication skills and experience of good or outstanding Ofsted inspection
* Positive, solution focused and proactive when managing and responding to data
* Assertive and self-confident in management of the learning environment
* Kind, empathic and supportive but challenging when needed
* Committed and willing to "go the extra mile" to meet targets
* Ambitious - will not settle for less than outstanding standards of work and behaviour
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.