Minibus Drivers, January 2020 start (Ideally)
36 weeks a year, 6.30am to 8.45am and/or 4.45pm – 7pm
These positions are working Monday to Friday during term time (36 weeks a year). Hours are early morning and/or late afternoon, 6.30am to 8.45am and/or 4.45pm – 7.00pm. Additional overtime hours may be available from time-to-time.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo Midas training (or similar), https://www.midas-training.org.uk/
• Responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff whilst being carried in the vehicle;
• Carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance (topping up fluid levels, tyre pressures, etc;
• Reporting any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents;
• Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use;
• Refuelling vehicles as required;
• Covering for absent colleagues;
• Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time;
• Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the Minibus Drivers’ Operating Instructions.
• Must hold a current, clean and valid driving licence which enables them to drive a 17-seater mini bus.
• An ability to communicate with a range of people;
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
• Reliable and trustworthy;
• Flexible approach to working arrangements;
• Sensitivity to user needs.
• Good geographical knowledge of local area;
• Previous experience of driving a minibus or similar sized vehicles would be advantage.