One of the largest employers in the area who offer a diverse mix of award-winning services/businesses from their international gateway at Dover. Established a number of centuries ago this dynamic organisation is progressively moving forward by means of expansion, development and investment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Technician to join a Engineering Team. You will play an integral part in the function of the Maintenance Services Team, ensuring that the organisation’s assets are designed, constructed, maintained and repaired effectively, efficiently and to the appropriate standards of safety. You will be required to work as a multi-skilled maintenance technician and provide a high degree of technical expertise across a broad range of the company’s assets and systems within the team’s area of responsibility. The post holder will be a technical specialist, having the ability to diagnose and rectify faults of a complex nature and work on their own initiative.
• Carry out all aspects of improvement, maintenance and repair works to the Board’s assets
• Undertake fault finding on complex equipment and implement solutions
• Execute planned preventive and reactive maintenance in accordance with any written instructions, perform routine repairs and complete report sheets, either manually or electronically
• Liaise with others in the team regarding plant or equipment failures, identify any recurring faults and suggest practical solutions
• Act as the department representative and point of contact when on site out of normal day working hours
• Apprenticeship in appropriate discipline to NVQ Level 3 standard and associated C&G’s
• Hydraulic, heavy machinery and welding/fabrications experience
• Technical specialist knowledge in a wide range of plant and equipment
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Ability to work from height and in confined spaces
Remuneration & Benefits
• Very competitive basic salary
• Good holiday entitlement & benefits