One of the largest legal practices in the county, offering a wide range of services specifically for businesses together with legal support for individuals. With over 230 years of history they have some very long-standing clients and great heritage in Kent.
To work as part of the accounts team in dealing with all accounts matters on a daily basis ensuring all accounts work is completed in an efficient and timely manner whilst promoting the firm’s professional image at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Check banking software for electronic transactions (CHAPS, BACS, DD & SO)
• Set up and complete CHAPS transactions as required by fee earners
• Check bills raised by fee earners; post to finance package
• Carry out daily bank reconciliations of the firm’s office and client bank accounts by downloading data from electronic link from bank
• Complete bank deposit books daily ready for banking
• Raise office and client cheques as requested by fee earners; post cheque requests to finance package
• Enter suppliers’ invoices onto finance package; raise office cheques to make timely payments settling supplier accounts
• Administer to client accounts checking no posting errors have taken place and the client account is never overdrawn
• File posting summaries daily
• Run housekeeping system reports at the end of each day
Skills and Experience
• Educated to O-Level/GCSE or equivalent standard
• Previous accounts experience in a law firm is essential
• Excellent numeracy skills and strong attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accuracy with work
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good telephone manner
• Good organisational skills
• Active team player and ability to work as part of a small team
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.