I have the perfect opportunity for a freelance Quantity Surveyor working with a Regional Based Build contractor in the Kent area. For an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a freelance opportunity this could be the perfect fit for you.
I am looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a reputable regional based contractor based in Kent. The client specialise in new build social housing schemes.
* Preparation and submission of monthly valuations in a timely manner and in line with the Main Contractors Contract Payment Schedule dates.
* Set up initial Cost Value Report (CVR) utilising the Estimators tender summary
* Update CVR monthly and communicate figures to the Contracts Manager / Projects Manager
* Advise internally on cash flow forecasts as necessary
* Work closely with and agree contract programmes with Contracts Manager / Project Manager / Site Manager and monitor progress commercially
* Keep Main Contractor updated on Projected costs
* Assist and resolve any client-related issues or disputes referred by the Project Management team
* Review sub-contractor and Major Suppliers Commercial performance on completion of contracts, giving feedback where appropriate
* Ensure the Main Contract Terms & Conditions are Understood by site team and they are adhered to
* Excellent understanding of Excel
* Understanding of Main Contractor Extranet sites
* Excellent planning and organisation skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Good time management skills
* Self motivating
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.