General Support Manager, 37 Hours, Mon-Fri, Temporary, Gillingham
Temporary General Support Manager
Monday-Friday (08:45 - 17:15)
Purpose of job - To manage and deliver support services through out Medway and Kent.
* Line manage a team of case managers and other staff delivering front line services supporting vulnerable clients. Ensuring that they receive line management, coaching and development.
* Provide support and customer care to a range of vulnerable clients, supporting them to meet basic needs and/or avoid a crisis situation.
* Work with the Team Co-ordinator to ensure that team performance is given appropriate priority and that systems in place support case managers to deliver performance information.
* Work with the Crisis Prevention Manager to design and then deliver the work plans for the Crisis Prevention team.
* Ensure the requirements or funders and commissioners are met including requesting referrals and allocating service users to Case Managers as appropriate.
* Work with partners agencies to ensure collaboration where appropriate to ensure value for money and ensure that appropriate referrals are forthcoming.
* Represent the team and Directorate at local forums.
* Work with the Insight Co-ordinator to ensure that the service user involvement is delivered and has a real impact on the design and deliver of services and outcomes are appropriately recorded.
* Share skills and experience of the team with others within the Community Directorate.
* Have a focus on learning by keeping up to date with developments in the sector and changes in best practice.
* Any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the role identified by the Crisis Prevention Manager.
Experience, knowledge and skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
* An ability to liaise with colleagues and external stakeholders as well as the ability to work using your own initiative and work as part of a team.
* Good organisational skills
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* A flexible and adaptable approach with an optimistic and friendly attitude.
* Experience of managing a diverse team to meet targets.
* Experience of delivering or community support services.
* Experience of interagency working
* Experience of line managing a broad team of frontline staff.
* Track record of supporting the design of work plans and ensuring their delivery.
* Experience of building effective relationships with external partners and acting as an ambassador for the organisation.