Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the role will involve Procurement work closely with all areas of the business including Stores, Sales, Production, Engineering and Finance. Communication skills are extremely important as close working relationships need to be maintained with internal departments and our suppliers. To ensure accurate and on time delivery of materials ready for production, thereby ensuring that company performance targets are achieved.
• A good standard of secondary education preferably to A level.
• Understanding of computerised manufacturing systems (ERP, MPS). – Ideal but not essential.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar role (Buying/Electronics experience an advantage).
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Computer literate including Word, Excel, PDF Writer.
• Component recognition skills.
• Accurate and attention to detail driven approach.
• Hands On approach to all tasks.
• Develop long term supply relationships with key vendors employing Supply Chain Management techniques to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of all materials.
• Ensure that deliveries are consolidated where appropriate to maximise use of each delivery vehicle.
• Completion of daily MRP output.
• Understand and utilise the electronic supply chain (direct and distribution).
• Processing purchase order acknowledgements and advise relevant personnel when problems arise.
• Run various reports to define weekly exceptions i.e. late order and open order reports.
• Implement Vendor Master Data-cleanse.
• Assisting other members of the department with procurement as and when required.
• Assist Purchasing Manager and undertake other duties as required.
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity).