Cobb & Jones recruitment are working with a highly successful international Kent based business, looking to appoint a Finance Director to support the MD and senior management team in continued business growth and development. Working as part of the senior management team in this successful SME, the Finance Director will partner closely with the MD and lead the finance team in delivering accurate and timely financial reporting and information and supporting the business in making commercially astute decisions, ensuring the delivery of the group strategic plan.
• Leading the finance function, acting as a key member of the senior management team
• Co-ordinating the budgeting, planning and forecasting processes
• Overseeing cash flow reporting, bank account management and control of cash
• Overseeing the month end process, including submission of the board pack, management accounts and supporting commentary
• Producing key financial reports, KPI analysis and management information
• Acting as a business partner, building relationships cross functionally
• Managing the year end process, ensuring the timely production of statutory accounts and supporting documents
• Adopting a continuous improvement approach to processes and controls, ensuring robust processes are in place
• Managing relationships with external contacts such as yearend auditors, the bank, insurers and HMRC
• Ensuring compliance with all statutory bodies and completion of VAT returns
• Managing ongoing projects and project requirement
• Supporting the MD with ad-hoc reporting and project work
Candidates will be formally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record operating at Finance Director level or an equivalent senior finance professional role within an international business. Strong team management and development experience together with business partnering skills, the ability to be hands on and get into the detail but also support strategic business objectives and be involved in the direction of the business will be key. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established and continually growing international group in a challenging role with a strong project element. Candidates will have strong systems skills, be commercially astute and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.