An exciting opportunity has a risen for an experienced Payroll Clerk to join a global business based in Gillingham.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the payroll of over 1000 employees and act as the primary contact for all payroll related queries.
This is a unique customer facing Payroll position as it requires direct communication with internal stakeholders to third party vendor management.
This is a fixed term contract working between 9-12 months. Therefore the successful individual will need to be immediately available.
* Become the key contact with our outsourced payroll provider.
* Assist with employee payroll and tax queries, liaising with HMRC where appropriate.
* Administer and coordinate Tax Year End / P11Ds.
* Process and approve monthly payroll invoices, liaising closely with Accounts Payable.
* Ensure that our payroll systems, reports and process are fully compliant, and we are proactively responding to any legislation changes.
* Troubleshoot Pension & Benefits queries, such as childcare vouchers, bikes to work etc.
* Reconciliation and reporting of payments to other departments and providers.
And more as determined by the Payroll Manager
* CIPP qualified desirable but not essential if the applicant can demonstrate the required skills and experience.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
* Good legislative knowledge of Payroll and Pensions
* Previous experience in calculating and processing statutory payments such as SSP, SMP, SPP
* Advanced Excel skills, vlook-ups
* Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
9-12 month FTC, immediately available.
Salary circa £30K.