40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Our client is a fast-paced and rapidly expanding organisation. The in-house development team is responsible for delivering high quality software solutions against strict scheduled deadlines using the latest technologies.
This person will work in a collaborative and innovative environment where design and implementation are both pragmatic and creative. Our client is looking to create a DevOps team who will have the role of managing the release and monitoring of projects. The successful candidate needs to have a keen interest in the operational side of the development life cycle.
Their platform includes the use of Jenkins and Octopus and the successful candidate must have experience in the advanced industry standard setup of these in a Windows environment. The candidate must have experience in utilising Python and Selenium automated test scripts into Jenkins.
They require a high level of experience in the monitoring, setup and defect investigations in Windows IIS server environments and ideally some experience in Linux.
Any experience in the deployment of non-standard implementations of WordPress and MySQL in Windows environments would also be hugely beneficial.
They value learning, invention and creativity and want to create a team that is highly motivated and productive.
Benefits for the role of DevOps Engineer include;
22 days starting holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (increasing yearly with length of service up to 28 days)
Perkbox access with access to over 300 benefits and discounts
Employee Assistance Programme,
Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution and minimum 3% employee contribution
Cycle to work scheme
Rising Star Mentoring Programme, a whole host of career development opportunities, vibrant social culture - pub nights, team building, team awards, summer/ Christmas parties and much, much more!
• Setup and improvement of CI/CD platform using Jenkins and Octopus
• Site reliability and performance (Monitoring, alerts, detailed error/outage investigation)
• Liaising with IT operations including; server setup, backups, data storage, DNS, infrastructure and firewalls
• Application Security including; documentation, websites, attack prevention and penetration testing
• Managing SSL certificates and strategy
Technical Skills and Qualifications for the role of DevOps Engineer
• High level of experience in Jenkins and Octopus
• Web service setup (Restful and SOAP)
• Software Design Patterns
• Database management, design and performance (MSSQL)
• Internet Information Services
• Windows Server environments
• Good knowledge of SSL/TLS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· Interests in another programming languages
· Interests or knowledge of a messaging technology, e.g. RabbitMQ
· Knowledge in Linux
· Setup of WordPress and MySQL
· Continuous Integration tools
· Windows Server Configuration
Apply for the role of DevOps Engineer today!