W.E Roberts (Corrugated) Ltd is an established family run, leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing business. We have an annual turnover in excess of £15 million and employ over 130 staff. As a Company, employees and family are at the heart of the business which is why we like to invest in our employees and develop them through the business. Our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
Currently we are looking for Production Operatives to join our Conversion Dept. We are ideally looking for employees that either have Machine Operator experience in the Corrugated, Paper or Print industries or who are willing to work hard, learn and develop the skills required for the role. If you either have experience or are interested in learning a challenging and varied role then this is the position for you.
We have positions available across all shifts 06.00 - 14.00, 14.00 - 22.00 and 22:00 to 06:00 which are static and do not rotate.
Day to day duties for the initial role will include:
• feeding board onto feed sections of machines;
• stacking boxes onto pallets;
• stacking finished goods onto pallets;
• stacking pallets;
• checking quality;
• maintain a safe working environment;
• have a keen eye for Health & Safety;
• training on how to operate the various machines.
You will need to ensure that you are helping to produce a good quality product whilst maximising productivity and ensuring a safe environment.
Key Requirements for the role:
• previous manufacturing experience is desirable though not essential;
• good teamworking skills;
• have a drive to want to learn & develop yourself;
• good problem solving skills & an eye for continuous improvement;
• able to speak English (to a standard);
• flexibility; and the
• ability to work hard & demonstrate the ability to go above & beyond.
To apply for this role please attach a cover letter detailing why you feel that you would make a good Production Operator for the Company.