Rogers House is a warm and welcoming Care Home in Medway, recruiting for a Lead Night Carer.
As part of the management team responsible for the day-to-day operation of the home, Lead Night Carer assist in managing and supervising Carers and in overseeing standards of care practice within the home.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Leading shifts, supervising Carers, monitoring, reviewing/assessing and reporting on all documents and records associated with individual residents, complaints handling.
The ideal Lead Carer will demonstrate / evidence
o A caring and compassionate approach
o Patience and understanding of older people
o Leadership and staff management skills; directive and supportive coaching, training, delegation
o Knowledge of the CQC Fundamental Standards
o Current knowledge of HandS legislation and application of HandS practices
o Effective judgement about validity of care, staffing difficulties, evidence gathering and ethics
o Risk assessment practice
o Good communication skills with different groups, e.g. staff, residents, local community
o Understanding of different values / cultures of residents and staff
o Team working skills
o Good timekeeping skills
o Relevant qualifications
The ideal Lead Carer will have the ability to:
o Lead good practice by example
o Play an active role in creating a good environment
o Prioritise their work
o Be aware of the support needed by others, consider how they can support them and encourage and support them
o Train for and take on additional responsibilities
o Listen carefully and attentively
o Respect the dignity and privacy of all those they come into contact with
o Apply their knowledge and training in the workplace
o Uphold the policies and procedures of The Organisation
Rapport Housing and Care offers Supported, Residential and Nursing Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia across Kent.
We want everyone who meets us, no matter in what context, to experience our friendly, caring, compassionate philosophy, which runs through our whole organisation. We are a leading housing and care provider in the south-east, flexible and responsive to the needs of people in later life.
· Compassion: behaving in a manner that treats people with respect and dignity, listening to what they say and responding;
· Openness: Offering high quality services that are adaptable, flexible and that meet the changing needs of service users in a manner that offers genuine choice;
· Integrity: acting at all times in an honest and straightforward way with all those with whom we come into contact;
· People focussed: reflecting the ethos inherent in the organisations philosophy.
Benefits of working for us include:
· We pay the Adult National Living Wage to all of our employees, regardless of their age
· 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
· Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages Continual professional development
· Opportunities to apply for our Academy and National Diploma courses
· Stakeholder Pension Scheme Opportunities to progress.
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
If you have any questions about the role or about Rapport Housing and Care, please feel free to contact the Home Manager on 01634 262266.
Otherwise and to apply, please click on the apply now button and complete the online form.
Rapport Housing and Care is committed to delivering compassion and companionship as well as care and we are proud of our reputation and profile as one of the major care providers in Kent.
Rapport Housing and Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140.
PLEASE NOTE: applications that do not include full education and work histories (with gaps between jobs explained) may not be considered.