Opportunity to join an ambitious, people first IT support company.
GWT Media is a local IT company specialising in end-user support and offer high-quality IT services. Offering first, second and third line incident support, service requests, IT consultation and installation services.
We are looking to expand our team of highly skilled individuals to enhance delivery of these services to our growing customer base from our offices in Rochester.
About the role
The role will cover IT incident and service request via telephone, remote and onsite. It is essential that the selected individual also have recent key knowledge and experience with Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Cloud technologies and networking fundamental. Additionally, skills with Mac OS, Linux, VMWare, ITIL and IT Security are ideal.
The right candidate will have good experience in working with other service providers and must have excellent customer facing skills with a minimum of 2 years+ experience in a similar field.
Duties and responsibilities
• To provide technical support and guidance to our customers.
• Answering calls 1st line and triaging calls
• To assist the management team with IT projects as and when required.
• To identify business opportunities as and when required (sales, products and suppliers).
• To document procedure and working practices relevant to the job.
• To document technical solutions for knowledge base.
• Positive attitude and excellent verbal communication skills, with both internal and external customers.
• To have the ability to take control of the customer issues to ensure that the right resolution is agreed and actioned.
• To be versatile, adaptable and approachable to meet business objectives.
• Demonstrable autonomy and the authority to make and implement own decisions.
• Focused on results.
• To be able to prioritise issues and objectives based upon commercial and technical reasoning.
• To have a high degree of attention to detail.
• To have excellent time management skills.
• Be discrete with confidential information.
• To self-study to increase your learning of technical solutions and maintain levels of certification.
• To adopt the health and safety guidelines as per GWT Media’s contract of employment, training and any other guidelines given.
• Educated to a good level in computer related fields, such as;
o Microsoft MCP
o CompTIA A+
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role
GWT Media Limited will offer an office-based position with the occasional visit to client site.
Standard hours are from 8am to 6pm with one hour for lunch. Covering shifts for these hours (8am-4.30 , 9am -5.30 or 9.30-6)
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for this role then apply today!