Fulltime/Part-time Receptionist/Admin Staff needed for busy, friendly private dermatology clinic based in the centre of Tunbridge Wells. Excellent telephone manner, IT skills and organisational skills required.
The role will involve at least two evening sessions and occasional Saturday sessions. Pension and generous holiday allowance included.
Salary starting at £12 per hour, increasing according to experience.
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established, friendly, busy, private dermatology clinic. We are passionate about our clinic and the high standards of care we offer our patients/clients. We can offer you a pleasant working environment with up to date IT and excellent equipment. You will benefit from ongoing training about a variety of dermatology issues. We are looking for a talented individual to be a key part of our team and contribute to the growth of our business. This role is suited to someone interested in continuing to perfect their skills and who is professionally capable of dealing with discerning clients. The role encompasses responsibility for the provision of an efficient and friendly reception service, together with the performance of administrative duties.
• Answering the telephone in a friendly and polite manner ensuring information to and from the client is communicated with clarity, passing on any queries to the appropriate person.
• Welcoming patients in the reception area, showing them to the waiting room and providing refreshments accordingly and helping to maintain a calm and tranquil atmosphere in the clinic.
• Ensuring the reception area, waiting room and downstairs W.C. are kept tidy throughout the day (tidying magazines, refreshing flowers, removing cups, replacing toilet rolls and hand towels etc.)
• Booking appointments on the booking system appropriately, and amending any appointments and clinic lists as necessary.
• Maintaining the clinic diary and ensuring there are no errors on the booking system.
• Informing patients if there will be any delays.
• Dealing with e-mail enquiries appropriately.
• Achieve a good knowledge of all the treatments performed in the clinic. Advising clients of the services that are offered and the creams and products that are sold.
• Taking orders for the products over the telephone, and mailing products, as necessary, with the corresponding invoices.
• Taking patient payments at the reception desk or over the telephone and dealing with payments received in the post.
• Ensuring GDPR and CQC requirements adhered to.
• Accurately typing and updating patient information leaflets and consent forms and ensuring enough consent forms/information leaflets are always in the drawers for easy access.
• Ensuring the appropriate consent forms/information leaflets are provided for outside clinics.
• Ensuring clinical photos are in the notes for outside clinics.
• Carefully checking patient details and accurately registering new patients.
• Extracting patient notes for each clinic each afternoon.
• Enveloping and franking letters for postage each afternoon.
• Filing results and helping to keep outstanding filing at a minimum at all times, ensuring notes are tidy and in the correct order.
• Scanning results onto the DGL system when necessary.
• Amending letters.
• Shredding confidential waste.
• Other ad hoc administrative duties as and when necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent customer service and telephone manner.
• Strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate efficiently in a busy environment with proficient IT skills.
• Calm, professional, enthusiastic, flexible, punctual, presentable and reliable.
• Team player and co-operative with colleagues.
The hours will include two evenings shifts until 9pm and one Saturday approximately every 6 weeks. Annual leave 28 days per year pro rata including bank holidays but increasing to 33 per year pro rata with duration of service.