W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts (Corrugated) has an exciting opportunity available for a Shift Supervisor at their site in Northfleet. The shift time could change depending on business needs but initially the vacancy is for either the 14:00 to 22:00 shift or the 22:00 to 06:00 shift. This key role will involve managing the production of our Conversion processes on our Shifts. You will be responsible for ensuring your Shift meets and exceeds safety standards, output requirements, quality expectations, cost targets and all other KPIs set for them. We are looking for someone who can maximise and continuously improve our manufacturing efficiencies whilst getting the best out of our staff.
What being a Shift Supervisor at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
Key elements of the role will involve:
• Driving a good safety culture through Conversion, ensuring staff comply with Company safety standards and rules and come up with initiatives to improve safety in Production.
• Overseeing and ensuring Conversion processes are carried out efficiently and safely across your shift whilst minimising/eliminating waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
• Enable continuous improvement as a key aspect of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
• Motivating a production team to ensure agreed targets are met by the shift on a continual basis.
• Work with the Conversion Management team to ensure that Company objectives and KPIs are met.
• Facilitate the training and development of all staff on your shift as required and deal with day to day issues in the correct and timely manner.
• Ensuring all company procedures are adhered to in terms of business KPI's, health and safety and quality standards and ensure by monitoring that housekeeping standards are being maintained on a daily basis.
We need a strong leader with a can do attitude able to coach their team to the best standards and perform well under strict deadlines. If you are practical, strategic and resultsdriven, then this role is for you!
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Proven experience of implementing safety in a manufacturing environment and have some H&S certification (i.e. IOSH/NEBOSH);
• Ideally have knowledge of the board manufacturing process – not essential as training will be given
• Production management experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Problem solving skills with the ability to make logical/informed decisions and lead improvement projects;
• Communication/briefing skills – able to communicate at all levels;
• Experience of motivating a shift;
• Experience of Continuous improvement plans
• Experience of Quality and Hygiene standards within the manufacturing environment ((i.e. ISO or BRC (British Retail Consortium)).