We have a brand new vacancy working for a large employer in Kent as an Estates Officer. This is a rare opportunity to join an expanding company, initially on an 18 month contract, however there could be a possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm however this company are also supporters of flexible working. This is an excellent role if you enjoy not being tied to a desk all day and want to work in a job where you are field based a lot of the time.
Location wise you can be based across the South East in either Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone or Thanet offices. To be considered for this role you must have your own transport as you will be required to visit Housing Estates across the region, for which you will be reimbursed mileage at a rate of 45p per mile.
Your duties will include:
* Visiting Housing Estates across the region
* Inspecting communal areas within Housing Blocks
* Checking any hazards such as fire exit signs, fire doors, hand rails/risks on stairs, fire hazards such as rubbish
* Working closely with the Health & Safety team to ensure Fire Risk Assessments are up to date
* Chasing the relevant team if Fire Risk Assessments need to be carried out
* Checking that any recommendations from Fire Risk Assessments have been completed
* Keeping comprehensive and up to date records of any Risk Assessments and Reports
* Working with the general public, including some interaction with tenants
To be considered for this role you will need:
* Access to your own vehicle and a full UK driving license
* Experience in Housing, Building Inspections, Estates or Facilities Management
* An awareness of Fire Risk Assessments (although you will not be carrying these out yourself)
* The confidence to work independently when out of the office
For further information regarding this role please do apply online so we can contact you to talk through your application. After a face to face interview this role is starting almost immediately however we may be able to consider candidates with some notice period.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy