Here at Sagittarius, we have created an inspirational environment for our staff at each of our 5 offices in Kent, London, Leeds, Ukraine and Sri Lanka.
It’s a bit loud, pretty relaxed, and collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff.
We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead.
We have strong relationships with our clients and we have regular trips out for pizza, beers in the office on a Friday before logging off and social events (if that’s your thing). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our culture is really important to us and we want the best cultural fit and the best talent to join us. Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skill set should be equally important to you.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To work with the Lead Developers and other senior designers and developers delivering new media products for all of our clients.
• To be part of the development team supporting, maintaining, testing and developing the production of websites and new media products for multiple clients. Working on progressive development projects for retained clients
• To maintain, and be proactive in improving, the quality of all new media work produced by Sagittarius Digital
• To work with graphic designers to translate creative concepts into content rich functional products
• To advise on design and build of projects.
• To build solid relationships across the Digital Marketing Team at Sagittarius assisting and advising where appropriateTo accurately record all hours worked against the appropriate client and report any work requests to the Digital Studio manager
• Good and effective communication skills with the ability to communicate professional with external clients in understandable (non-technical) terms.
• Able to multi task and maintain great attention to detail, and able to prioritise, manage own time, to proactively seek solutions and able to function in a relatively pressurised environment
• You should be able to work in a standalone capacity and be comfortable being managed remotely for some of the week.
Job specific skills/experience
• You will have built web sites from scratch and delivered creative, working solutions.
• You will need to have a sound knowledge of design and design processes.
• You will have good bug fixing experience – working independently to identify and resolve issues before delivery and testing functionality after the initial fix.
• Web Site testing – you will be able to test as you go, identifying issues, solving problems and reporting up and down the chain. You will be able to test the browser stack, conduct cross browser testing on supported platforms.
• You will be able to build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimize application for maximum speed and scalability to back end.
• Good cross browser testing and development experience.
• Knowledge of CSS pre processer SASS and Compass.
• Knowledge of animation library – preferable GSAP
• CSS framework - Bootstrap 3
• Git and Gitflow
• Bit Bucket
• Visual Studio would be advantageous
• Knowledge of google maps JS API