Service Delivery Engineer
£23-28k + 20% uplift for unsocial hours working + Benefits Package.
Our client is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other diverse market sectors.
They have recently moved to a full 24 x 7 service support model and the candidate will join their specialist team providing Global Service Desk support on a 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on repeated shift pattern, covering an average week of 38.5 hours. Due to the nature of this role, our client is offering a contractual bonus of 20% on top of the basic salary for working unsociable hours.
Established for over 25 years and with a £6M turnover and strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, all located in a highly secure twenty-five-acre campus in Kent. Our client has a record of sustained growth and are currently experiencing further rapid expansion. They are predominantly focused on Microsoft technologies, as well as industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops and Servers and Telephony and Connectivity services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a Service Delivery Engineer you will work within a shift pattern providing a mixture of 1st/2nd/3rd line service desk/remote support, field support and the installation of IT projects and managed services to a growing customer base primarily London and the South.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Platforms, Infrastructure and Internet Services Teams. Primarily based at Head Office in Kent, this role will also incorporate on-site work at customers' premises if required.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
• A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
• Previous experience working in a service desk role, either with a service provider or within a corporate environment
• A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT solutions. It is also essential to have a working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
• Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
• Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
• Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
• Email, Antivirus & Backup software
• Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers
• Mobile devices/phones
Candidates must have a current driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be expected to pass security clearance.