QA Software Tester
£28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Our client is a fast-paced and rapidly expanding organisation. The in-house development team is responsible for delivering high-quality software solutions against strict scheduled deadlines using the latest technologies.
The QA Software Tester will work in a collaborative and innovative environment where design and implementation are both pragmatic and creative.
The QA team works within the development team, ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
The QA Software Tester will be required to bring their experience and skill to the current QA team. They will expand upon the already good work that has begun in automation and ensure that the development team keep on top of and deliver the best software possible.
Our client has a technically agnostic approach to development which embraces Python, C#, MongoDB, Angular, MSSQL, Jenkins, Octopus and Influx DB.
They value learning, invention and creativity and want to further enhance and expand upon the current team that is already highly motivated and productive.
Benefits for the role of QA Software Tester
• 22 days starting holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (increasing yearly with length of service up to 28 days)
• Discounts on group products
• Perkbox access to over 300 benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Programme via Perkbox
• Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
• Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution and minimum 3% employee contribution
• Annual free eye test and contribution towards glasses
• Annual Flu Vaccinations
• Cycle to work scheme
• Rising Star Mentoring Programme
• A whole host of career development opportunities
• Vibrant social culture - pub nights, team building, team awards, summer/ Christmas parties and much, much more!
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Good knowledge of QA methodologies and processes.
• Good level of automation programming experience - ideally using Python.
• Good level of experience testing APIs using automation tools (e.g. Postman).
• Performance testing experience
• Selenium web driver experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Automation scripting using Python
• Performance testing experience using JMeter
• Target Process ticketing system
• Web services (Restful and SOAP)
• Experience using BitBucket source control
Role Responsibilities of the QA Software Tester
• Develop and improve current automated testing
• Overview and review any manual testing results and where possible strive to implement new
uses of automation
• Work with developers to deliver projects to a high standard
• Analyse, collate and present results and findings from all testing completed
· Document and prepare testing scripts ensuring they remain up to date with all changes and enhancements
· Perform regression testing of new and existing software applications to identify any possible
impacts caused by changes
• Write and maintain automated GUI tests
• Produce and report on performance testing
• Write and maintain API tests (Restful and SOAP)
• Produce test plans