A global leader in what they do, with worldwide distribution channels. Their headquarters are in Broadstairs, on a 4.5-hectare site incorporating high-tech manufacturing and research and development facilities.
Responsible for supporting the Finance team and wider business with the accurate and timely completion of accounting tasks, and the provision of input into financial and management reporting information that is easily understood and useful for decision making purposes.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Allocate cash receipts to customer accounts
• Monitor credit balances, ensuring timely receipt of outstanding balances
• Prepare reports (debt and month end)
• Conduct credit checks
• Process miscellaneous sales invoices and maintain company car records
• Work with Commercial Team to ensure early resolutions of credit
• Support the development and documentation of finance systems, processes and procedures
• Ensure correct accounting policies are consistently applied
• Assist with the annual audit process
• Provide cover to ensure continuity of service, carrying out additional tasks and projects as and when required
• Ensure compliance with company’s credit control policy
• Maintain customer credit limits
• Proactively investigate exceptions and queries and comply with the finance timetable
Skills and Experience:
• You will have 2-3 years’ experience within a similarly varied role
• A good understanding of double entry book-keeping
• Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience dealing with foreign customers in different currencies and with different terms
• Prioritisation and organisation skills are essential
• Attention to detail
• ERP experience and knowledge of VAT rules in relation to cross border transactions are desirable
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive Basic Salary
• Excellent holiday entitlement & benefits
• The opportunity to work and potentially progress within an extremely reputable market leading organisation.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.