for Babydoll’s Wood Fired Pizza Restaurant
Salary Circa £32,500.00 dependant on experience
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and Howletts Wild Animal Park are world class wildlife parks and established visitor attractions working in conjunction with the international animal conservation charity; The Aspinall Foundation.
We are recruiting for a Head Chef to manage all aspects of the Restaurant kitchen in order to maximise revenue and guest satisfaction and achieve our financial and customer satisfaction goals. The authentic Italian restaurant located in the picturesque location of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve caters for our short breaks overnight accommodation guests and day visitors.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage the running of the overall kitchen operation including monitoring standards, stock rotation and general efficiency
• Maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply
• Prepare dishes to the highest quality and standards
• Actively participate in the ongoing management and development of menus
• Be responsible for the kitchen operation, rostering and supervision of staff
• Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
• Manage food purchasing and storage whilst reducing wastage
• Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in a sous chef or higher role, preferably within a fast paced or Italian dining environment and hold a Level 3 food hygiene certificate. Experience in menu development, food costing and budget control is also preferred, along with the ability to build effective and constructive relationships.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. A reliable form of transport would be advantageous due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: Friday 13 September 2019
To apply: Email a CV along with a covering email.
Visit our website for further information.