Spadework is a local charity which provides care, support and work experience for over 110 adults with learning disabilities, and other disabilities, in a commercial yet supportive environment.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, friendly person, with catering and hospitality experience and a passion for good food, to work in our Cafe. You will be a competent cook able to work in a busy kitchen, with an interest in passing on food, cooking and customer service skills to our Trainees (adults with learning and other disabilities).
Signature dishes, high quality food and a flair for improving the customer experience are a must!
• To create, cook and deliver high quality menu options to both the paying public, our Staff and our Trainees
• To design and implement new and exciting menu options and specials
• To participate in food preparation tasks
• To serve customers, offering a high level of customer service, ensuring customer requests are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner
• To assist with stock control and re-ordering
• To be responsible for reconciling cash/ cheques/ card sales at the end of the shift
• Keeping records including recording and checking of temperatures, and following cleaning schedules ensuring high standards at all times
• To support and assist in the supervision and training of a group of adults with learning disabilities
• To attend Staff meetings, open days and other special events as required
• To work in the Farm Shop/ Food Prep Kitchen to help cover holiday and sickness
This position will be for a guaranteed 40 hours per week, with the expectation of working at least one weekend and two weekday evenings a month. (Part Time work patterns and flexible working may be considered).
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to work in the UK, satisfactory references, DBS disclosure and medical clearance. Spadework values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019 at 5pm. This vacancy can be closed earlier than the closing date should the role be filled with a successful candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £9.00 /hour