Kent Catholic Schools’ Partnership are a multi-academy trust consisting of 24 academies (19 primary and 5 secondary) based across Kent.
We are looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant to cover maternity leave to assist and support the Company Secretary and Data Protection Officer, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the governance department and that the appropriate legal and statutory compliance is maintained for the Trust and its academies. A fantastic opportunity for someone looking to build on their experience, knowledge and skills within a not-for-profit organisation.
• Working closely with and supporting the Company Secretary in preparing and ensuring proper administration and filing for Trust.
• Company Secretarial duties including filing of documents at Companies House using web filing services.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of all company registers, records and legal documents.
• Assist with appointments of new Directors, including Director induction;
• Liaise with Trustees and prepare Board and Board Committee meetings;
• Attend and minute Board and Board Committee meetings, preparing drafts for the Company Secretary and distributing to Trustees within
• Managing Matters Arising and Agenda items.
• Provide assistance and guidance to 250+ Governors and circa 20 Clerks across the Trust in relation to governance queries;
• Support with the recruitment process of Governors – ensuring references and DBS checks are undertaken.
• Ensuring all signing requests are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
• Researching changes in company law and the regulatory environment
• To undertake other reasonable duties, responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Company Secretary or Directors from time to time.
• Proactive and positive can-do attitude
• Knowledge of Company Secretarial duties and Companies House filing
• Previous Minute taking experience essential
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Organised and efficient
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work autonomously
• Willing to learn new areas and take on new admin duties
• Good IT skills; thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook
• Ensuring all signing requests are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
This role is to cover maternity leave, 4 days per week (flexible) with flexible working hours (8am - 4pm or 9am to 5pm). Candidates must be able to drive to location, some travelling to academies may be required. A full DBS check will be undertaken.
Applicants must complete the application form located on the Kent Teach website.