We are seeking a friendly, assertive and fast paced HR Advisor to provide a comprehensive HR advice service to line managers and their staff. The position reports to the HR Manager, and key activities include:
* Assisting line managers in all recruitment activities, including identification of need, revision of job descriptions, competency identification and measurement and testing. Producing advertisements and/or briefing recruitment agencies as required. Coaching newly appointed line managers in interviewing and conducting competency based interviews with line managers as required. Presenting the company induction to new employees.
* Ensuring probationary reviews of all new employees are actioned by managers and attending any failed probation hearings.
* Advising line managers/staff of changes to T & C s, checking and signing off all correspondence and write any ad hoc complex letters
* Advising line managers on disciplinary and grievance matters and attending hearings in line with company policy and to provide accurate minutes/notes. Ensuring all associated correspondence and documentation is filed.
* Guiding line managers on performance and absence management of their staff, in line with legislation and best practice. This includes organising referrals to the company occupational health provider for medical advice and guidance and updating payroll of any changes.
* Attending Staff Council, Management/Union meetings as required.
* Undertaking ad hoc projects for the Head of HR or other Senior Managers/Directors.
* Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of employment legislation and advising the company accordingly.
* Advising line managers and staff of the appraisal process and providing support during this period. Ensuring all staff have received a yearly appraisal, evaluating the content and supporting the manager with any performance action plans.
* Providing advice and guidance to line managers with restructuring exercises.
* Assisting with re-accreditation of Investors in People when required.
* Conducting exit interviews, maternity and retirement meetings with staff to ensure that are fully informed of process/pay/holidays/gift.
* Ensuring staff are advised in writing of any ad hoc changes to pay (such as paternity leave, unpaid leave, jury leave) and that this is communicated to payroll.
The first stage of the interview process will be held at our Snodland Head Office on Thursday 5th September and Friday 6th September 2019.
The successful candidate will be either CIPD qualified or working towards the qualification, and have previous experience of working in a busy medium to large HR department. Experience in managing projects and someone with the confidence to deliver presentations and carry out training activities will also be essential.
The successful candidate will be required to work between 30 - 37 hours per week. If the successful candidate chooses to work part time hours, the salary will be adjusted accordingly.
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.