Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest Brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 321 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger. A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Sales Demand Planner based in our Finance Department.
Main purpose of the job
To facilitate full integration of sales forecasting across the sales teams through new spreadsheet and systemised tools to streamline the production operation ensuring maximum stock availability and customer fulfilment.
• Outward looking sales bias with a customer fulfilment focus
• Function is to act as a bridge between the sales teams & production demand planner
• Partners the sale teams to develop accurate sales forecasts for all product types:
Non Contract Partner Foreign Beer
Non Contract Partner Wine, Spirits and Minerals
• Carry out routine and ad-hoc analysis into variances and trends on sku performance. Communicate findings and provide learnings back to the business
• Undertake analytical reviews
• Monitor and report / communicate on stock availability in a timely manner
• Work with IT and other departments on the development and maintenance of systemised forecast tools and related systems
• Develop Material Resource Planning module in SAP working in conjunction with IT team
• Responsible for sales contract vendor management – ordering, forecasting, scheduling, tracking, liaison with freight forwarders in UK
• Provides holiday cover to the production demand planner role
• Attend all relevant sales meetings and training events.
• Partner sales team at key customers to build rapport and understanding of their business demands from a supply chain perspective
• Use customer web based sales tools to monitor SKU performance. Flag any out of stock risks in a timely manner
• Support customer services team by providing awareness of new products, timing of availability into the business and other relevant key information
• Communicate clear concise information / provide business updates to all stakeholders in a timely manner
• Issue flash updates weekly and write relevant board pages for supply chain
• To continue your CPD with external & online courses – Supply Chain, Forecasting, IT skills, plus other technical updates as and when available
• Routinely attend the warehouse to physically inspect stock, check condition
• Identify short dated product and determine most economic route to clear through the business
• Resilient character, analytical and numerate, strong communication, business curious, capable of making evaluated decisions, commercially orientated
• Perhaps with a finance background
• A flexible individual who can comfortably sit across sales, marketing and operational business segments
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and targets and demonstrate good organisation and thought process
• Excellent Excel skills
• Previous use of SAP would be very useful
• To comply with Health & Safety rules and legislation, with consideration for the wellbeing of self and of others.
• Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably expected by management.