Childrensalon are now looking to recruit an in-house app developer to take our existing product to the next level, designing and developing the next releases of the app and expanding the solution beyond iOS.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with our systems, UI and CX teams
- Work with our in-house developed APIs
- Unit-test for robustness, edge cases, usability, reliability
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer with 3+ years’ Android development experience who has successfully released multiple
products to the Google Play Store. A self-disciplined and organised self-starter who works well in a team and can create clear, well-structured
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of building bespoke Android apps
- Ability to work to a deadline and still produce engaging apps
- Experience of Android SDK and the latest frameworks and APIs
- A good understanding of popular third party libraries such as Dagger, Retrofit and Gson
- A good understanding of Android Studio and Gradle
- Unit testing and automated tests
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Experience with CI and CD processes
- Promote quality of code and ensure knowledge is shared and code is reviewed
- Has designed and developed apps driven by a REST or JSON API.
Desired Skills and experience:
- React development experience – possibly with Nativescript
- Experience of developing high performance, secure and polished mobile applications
- Solid understanding of adaptive user interfaces
- Strong sense of good mobile user experience
- Experience with unit tests and UI tests
- Knowledge of other mobile development platforms
- Experience with App performance profiling
- Android: 3 years (Required)
This is an exciting opportunity and would suit someone looking to be part of a major new project from the start.
The role is full-time and will be based at our headquarters in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount. We are ranked #34 on the 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and proud to be a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested, please apply via the apply online button with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.