MAF UK are now seeking a motivated individual with a passion for engaging with a younger audience to step into the Youth Development Assistant role and join the team based in Folkestone Kent.
The successful applicant will be an outward focussed, engaging individual used to public speaking to both adults and young people, have experience of working with 5-18 year olds in an educational environment, along with experience of co-ordinating volunteers, planning and running events, trips or socials.
To excel in this role, you will need great communication and presentation skills and be able to successfully interact with people in all types of social environments. You will also need to have an efficient and organised approach and an excellent eye for detail.
MAF UK is a Christian mission organisation and there is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian.
This role will require some significant travel and potential overnight stays across the UK and require someone who has their own car. Use of a pool car is also available (if over 25).
MAF is a unique Christian charity using light aircraft to deliver help and hope across the developing world. MAF transport patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. We operate in 27 countries with around 128 light aircraft.
• To educate, inspire and inform young people aged between 5 – 18 years old across the UK about the work of MAF, through engaging MAF Youth sessions, activities, challenges and creative resources.
• To build and maintain long term relationships with them, by encouraging Youth to increase engagement with MAF through the Youth Magazine, digital channels, school resources, competitions and fundraising, so that they proactively support MAF.
• To advertise the MAF Youth speaker service online and at events and organise the MAF Youth volunteers across the UK.
• To book Youth meetings, requesting availability for events, ensuring excellent and regular communication between churches, schools and Youth groups through email, phone and face to face visits. Resourcing volunteers and groups upon request.
• To represent MAF Youth at events, youth groups, schools and other target audience areas either on a stand or through delivering presentations, assemblies, or activities.
• To network and build relationships with teachers and Youth Workers for future opportunities and partnerships.
• To manage the admin for MAF Youth via Microsoft applications, posting resources, responding to enquiries, stock taking and re-ordering merchandise, and assisting in the development of new and existing Youth resources.
• To keep up-to-date about school curriculums, educational events, changes and trends within education, current / future MAF school partnerships, updating and developing MAF School resources.
Required skills and experience:
• Experience of public speaking to both adults and young people, with a strong passion for working with youth and children aged 5-18 and used to working in an educational environment
• Experienced in co-ordinating volunteers, planning and running events with excellent written and verbal skills
• Efficient and organised approach, proficient in MS Office applications, able to manage multiple deadlines with an attention to detail.
• £25,500 per annum
• non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% of salary
• 22 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
• Additional leave allowance for the days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
• Flexible working to promote a good work life balance
Location: Folkestone, Kent
How to apply: To request an application pack, including a full job profile, please email your CV and covering message to MAF UK HR at [email protected]
Closing date: Monday, 24th June 2019, 5pm
Interview date: Monday, 8th July 2019