We are currently seeking an activities / lifestyle coordinator for an amazing opportunity with one of our innovative and customer oriented clients.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
To support our residents to maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To provide outings to suit the needs and interests of the residents in the Home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in
* Develop strong and continuing relationships with colleagues to work as part of a team and able to share ideas and information whilst providing a safe and fulfilling experience within the home for all residents
* To develop relationships with relatives, friends and advocates in order make sure you understand the person, and that the relatives understand how you are supporting the resident
* To provide a variety of entertainment coming into the Home
* To build friendships with our residents that help them adjust to life in a care home
* Work with residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
* To create and display a meaningful home activity programme on a monthly basis, helping residents to try new things with a review at the end of each month and adjustments if necessary.
* To ensure the Home has a selection of appropriate activity materials/games available at all times to enable all residents to choose what and when they would like to do the activities
* To liaise with the Home Manager to ensure that fundraising is organised and supported by the Home staff
* To promote links within the local community with local schools and groups, inviting them in to take part in events and to help residents maintain their hobbies
* To assist residents with their meals.
* Organise other social and seasonal events, e.g. Christmas and Easter, as well as booking external entertainment.
* To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties
* Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
* A QCF Level 2 award in Supporting Activity Provision in Social Care which is a minimum requirement for this position or similar qualification.
* Evidence of attending a study day/training for delivering and/or planning activities.
Skills and Abilities:
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to follow guidelines and policies.
* Ability to be flexible.
* To attend training (in own time if necessary).
* Ability to attend occasional training that may be held off site.
* To be actively involved in own personal development.
* Self motivated, ability to work on own initiative. (I)
* Good interpersonal skills. (I)
* Have a positive approach to change.
* Positive attitude to Health & Safety.
* Previous experience working with older people.
* Working with people who are living with dementia.
* Working in a residential or nursing home.
* Experience of working in a similar role.
* Working with volunteers.
* Experience of engagement within the local community.
* Experience or interest in arts/crafts/gardening.
* Understanding of person centred care.
* Understanding of confidentiality.
* Understanding of Abuse.
* Understanding of equal opportunities (equality & Diversity).
* Understanding of customer care.
If you are interested, please apply today or contact Amanda on 0208 658 3020 for more information.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.