Post Title Factory Operative
Type of position Full Time – 38 hours per week
Hours of Work Monday to Thursday 07.30-16.00 with 30 minutes unpaid lunch
Summary To process castings within the fettling department, encompassing fettling, linishing, shot-blasting, etching.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Processing of parts in accordance with the relevant Technique card and Works Instruction.
• Fettling of castings using compressed air driven hand grinding tools
• Manual Handling
• Moving boxes of castings around the factory
The post holder may also be required to undertake the following tasks on occasion:
• Linishing of castings using an upright linishing machine
• Etching of castings through the use of a compressed air driven vibro-etching tool
• Shot blasting of castings using alumnia grit
• Carrying out touch screen bookings using the bespoke Aventa touch screen system
• Completing job cards; logging work carried out
Health and Safety
• Correct use of PPE at all times
• Knowledge of chemicals used as stipulated in the departments COSHH assessment and Material Safety Data Sheets
• Clear understanding and awareness of the relevant Risk Assessments
• Maintaining and cleaning of shot blast extraction and cabinets when necessary
• Maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of the department in accordance with house keeping procedures
This document outlines the duties required at this point in time. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Manager may vary duties from time to time.
Interpersonnel is assisting with the 1st stage of recruitment for this role.
Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search