Reports to Catering Manager
Salary In-line with national minimum wage or national living wage – whichever applies
Contract type Part-time (8 to 12 hours per week)
To provide a quality service to pupils, staff and visitors and to assist in the smooth running of the catering operation, including all food service areas and events.
• To assist in all aspects of food preparation and food service.
• To set up/display food, drink and disposable items ready for service.
• To ensure that all food services are open at scheduled times and with the range of products and services specified.
• To follow the operational procedures with regard to the receipt of catering goods and stock rotation.
• To be responsible for labelling foods, food storage and stock rotation.
• To clean down the service areas and equipment.
• To operate the till and ensure transactions are carried out accurately and efficiently.
• To perform any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
• Working hours are flexible but likely to include: 2 week nights (5.30 - 7.30pm); weekend brunch and evening work.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dave Evans Catering Manager on 01304 205969.
An application form may be downloaded by visiting the School’s website www.dovercollege.org.uk. Completed application forms should be accompanied by a covering letter (CVs will not be considered without a fully completed application form.
Applications should be sent preferably by email to [email protected]
Or by post to:
HR Administrator, Dover College, Effingham Crescent, Dover, Kent, CT17 9RH
The College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references which the College will endeavour to take up prior to interview. Dover College reserves the right to close applications early and make an appointment at any stage.